Friday, March 4, 2011

Yogyakarta to Denpasar March 3

My bus was coming at noon and I had just bought some souvenirs from my artistic hotel so I had to hurry and get them to the post office. I hired a bicycle rickshaw because it was faster and I was glad because it was farther than I thought to the post office. Here we are driving along one of the nicest streets.



It is melting hot but the picture just looks summery.



My bicycle rickshaw driver posing shyly.


The narrow ally ways between the buildings are called gangs. This is where I went in for my hotel way at the other end.


Here is another view from the other direction.


From that gang this passage is the front entrance of my hotel.


The hotel is like a gallery. The owner is the artist.




One hallway in the hotel.


The bedrooms have murals painted right on the walls.

Sometimes the hostel is great and I don't like the town, as is the case here. Sometimes it is the reverse. I have also had liking both and liking niether. Variety is the spice of life.



Here is my sleeping bus. Not what I was expecting for sure. I was expecting beds like the ones in Vietnam. I didn't have a seat mate so I had some options for sleeping positions but never really did get comfortable.


Expecting to arrive in Denpasar, Bali at around 7:00 AM.
Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment