Thursday, March 24, 2011

Brunei to Panang Island March 24

I left Brunei at 9:30 for the two hour flight to KL. Bandar is such a pretty city, even from the air. By the time I got my camera out we had passed the best part. This view is on the edge of the city showing lots of greenery.


The was a comfortable amount of time in KL to get through customs and get on the next plane for the 45 minuet ride to Penang Island.

The airport is in the South East corner and I booked my first two nights at a guest house on the North coast along the island's best beach area known as Batu Ferringhi. I am in the economy section with the big resorts further down the beach.

I met a woman on the plane from Canada who was coming up this way too and she arranged for me to share her hotel transport right to my door. It took an hour to drive up here.

My guest house is a little dismal especially where my room was going to be, upstairs and very hot with shared bathroom. It didn't make me happy so I quickly decided to upgrade to a room with air conditioning and a private bath. Whew, glad I did that. Then I walked around the area a bit and checked out the beach. I watched them hooking up this neat tubing thing to a boat and watched the kite surfers for a while.

I stopped by the convenience store on the way home and got bread and peanut butter for supper.

I see there are some mangoes growing right in our front yard. Too bad they are still green.

Tomorrow I think I will take the bus down the road and see a fishing village and whatever else is down there. It is 9:00 PM and it feels like bed time. I have been up early the last couple of days so it may be time for a sleep in tomorrow if the Muslims don't wake me up with their loud praying at the mosque near here.

No comments:

Post a Comment