Friday, March 18, 2011

Kupang to Bali March 16

My flight isn't until 3 PM so this morning I was out walking while waiting for my laundry to come back.

Some of these flowers are starting to repeat, but never mind. There is a reason why I like to notice the flowers as you will see in the next picture.


The picture above was taken just across the street from the hotel of the flowers growing in this tub. The beauty of flowers is that they don't mind being wherever they are. Just a reminder for me or anyone of the futility of struggle.



Here is the path down to the beach which wasn't all that great here but the view was wonderful.




These are some of my favorites.


The view of the beach that I mentioned above. It is directly across from my hotel.


This is a view of the grounds around the airport which also appears to be situated in the wealthier side of town.


Interesting statue of giant lizards.

I was at the airport fairly early as I like to do and saw several flights arriving. My flight was scheduled at the same time as three other flights and we were all crowded into the same waiting room. I was delayed almost an hour waiting for my plane to arrive but the flight was uneventful.

I arrived in Bali about 5:30 PM and I am heading over to Sanur area with a plan but no hotel booking.

Before I left the airport I stopped at Air Asia office and shifted my next few flights around to give myself more time between segments. I have decided to continue with my original plan to go to Bruni and then spend some more time in Malaysia. Air Asia flights are pretty inexpensive to begin with and therefore, so is changing them.

It was dark when I arrived at my hotel so I decided to book only one night until I see where I am located. I know it should be only a couple of blocks from the beach.

The hotel has wi-fi but it is not working tonight. Tomorrow I need to get onto some blogging catchup.

No comments:

Post a Comment