Monday, March 7, 2011

Housekeeping day - Still in Legian March 7

No pictures to show, but I was out to the ferry office this morning to book my passage to West Timor. That ferry only goes every 2 weeks and it is leaving on the 11th. That works OK because I want to go to Lombok so I will go there for the few days in between and the ferry can pick me up there. The ferry trip will take 3 days. It includes 3 overnights in a four bed room (second class) plus meals. That will cost me around $80.00 US. Third class is only $30.00 but the sleeping room holds about 20 people and there are no meals. They have the use of a kitchen though so they have to bring food. I might have been up for that at the beginning of this journey but not any more.

Then from West Timor I still have to find out how to get to East Timor. Once I get there, to Dili, I plan to fly back to Bali and I am hoping they will let me re-enter the country or that will muddle things up a bit.

I spent all afternoon on the computer booking flights homeward bound so now I feel better with several plane tickets in my pack. I will arrive a little later than I planned as I am stopping in Calgary for the meditation retreat so I will land there on the 7th of April and be home to Saskatoon on the evening of the 10th.

It seems strange to be thinking about going home, like I am pulled in two directions.

Tomorrow I have to find the ferry terminal and get to Lombok. I may not post every day for the next couple of weeks because the access to Internet could well be minimal to none.

It started pouring rain again just now. It seems to always rain buckets at supper time every day and that is nice because it cools the place off real nice. It will be all over in an hour or so.

Now to have some supper and pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment