Thursday, March 31, 2011

So long Asia, Hello Paris! March 31

Well, my flight here was thirteen and a half hours not seven. For some reason I absolutely spaced the idea of time zones. Must be all the short flights I have been used to. It was 1AM Malaysia time by the time I got across Paris and found my hostel. So far I am loving it, "Paris in the springtime!" There are many trees in flower and the grass is really green, not like the sad looking grass in Asia. This is my street, Boulevard Rochechouart. It is on the edge of a district known as Montmartre in the north of Paris. Montmartre is primarily known for the white-domed Basilica of the Sacré Cœur which tourists flock to. I could see it from the train on the way here.


It is a hotel street with little shops underneath.


I passed many street cafes and restaurants just down the street on my way here from the train.

Another street view. My hostel is the one with the lights.




No comments:

Post a Comment