Saturday, March 19, 2011

New Moon Holiday today March 19

I decided to relax at the hotel this morning while I was searching for accommodation farther down the road.

This is the morning light through our little hotel courtyard.




This is the front of my room, just a bedroom with a bath.



The street side of the hotel is a restaurant which is open to the street. It is a great place to sit with a computer in front of you and watch the world go by.

About 4:00 I decided to walk around and see if I could find a pharmacy to get some anti-histamine. I had only gone a block when I discovered a Dunkin Doughnuts so I stopped in for one and a cup of real good coffee. I have been avoiding the coffee here for the most part because it seems kind of chunky.

Just as I stepped out of the shop the full moon parade came down the street. It was actually worshipers coming from the temple.


They were headed in the direction of the beach.






Once they passed I continued on my walk to the pharmacy. After a nice tour around the neighbourhood I found it and got my tabs.
Then I headed for the beach walk to avoid the traffic on the way back.
They do have some very nice doors on these temples.


Looking inside one of the temple yards.




Down on the beach, two hours after they had passed me on the way to the beach, the worshipers were still here and in prayer.


Since it was a holiday the beach was busier than usual today. It was a good day to skip.
I will probably go again tomorrow.


The day after tomorrow I head for KL and to Bandar Seri Begawan
in Brunei the next day. I booked my rooms there today and it is the most expensive place yet. I am glad I only booked flights to be there two nights.



No comments:

Post a Comment