Thursday, March 10, 2011

Back to Lombok Island March 10

This morning I woke up too late to have breakfast because I had such a wonderful sleep in my little bungalow. I had to get ready and pack and headed out on foot down the beach to wait for my boat.

Today's trip was better, only thirty people and no groceries.

Here are three views of Lombok from the water.







The shuttle let me out in the center of Mataram and within minuets I had located a suitable hotel. I set out to locate several things. I needed a new camera which I found on sale for half price to replace the used one I got in Vietnam when mine crashed. Never buy a used camera in Vietnam, or anywhere for that matter. I didn't want to get a new one with a plug that would always need an adaptor at home but that is what I just did.
I was hoping to get a broadband receiver for Internet but it was going to be too expensive for only a couple of weeks.
I meant to get some US money for the Visas at the boarder crossings. I may still be able to do that.
I will blog again possibly in three days, unless by some stroke of luck the ferry has wi-fi.
After that I took a little walk around the area and over to this temple that I could see from my hotel.


I took enough extra clothing to cover myself according to the restrictions in case I needed it. My timing wasn't good though because I arrived there the same time as a Hindu man and he told me I was not allowed no matter how I was dressed because I was not there to pray.
OK, fair enough, there was something going on in there.
So tomorrow I begin the journey to East Timor.
At this point my planing goes as far as the farthest port in Indonesia, Kupang. Once there I hope to travel by bus to Dili in East Timor but I don't know if that will be best so when I arrive I will decide. All of the islands in the chain from Bali to West Timor are known as the Nusa Tenggara.
The ferry stops in at a few of them but not for long. I will decide if there are any I want to come back to as I go along.
Well, I had better get some grub and get to bed so I can be ready for my adventure tomorrow. I sure hope that the boat turns out to be the one in the picture and not another large motor boat. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Polar Pilot said...

"I didn't want to get a new one with a plug that would always need an adaptor at home but that is what I just did. "

You can likely cut the plug off and install a standard north American plug - usually the power brick is marked for either 110 or 220 and the plug itself does not matter

Fay said...

Well,I have it now so It will work out.

Post a Comment