Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 2 on the ferry March 12

11:00 am came and went and we didn't get hit with a wave.

We has some beautiful islands to view along the way.







I took some pictures of my room because I was astonished by it. Second and first class rooms are the same except the former have four beds instead of two.

My bathroom sink had no drain so anything that went in came out on your feet. The tap was broken and it ran all the time splashing on the floor. I put the dipper under it and emptied it in the toilet from time to time but as usual the floor had a drain so it really didn't matter. The sprayer thing for the toilet was to gringy to touch.


There was no shower except for this filthy pail and the dipper on the floor. I was glad I had lots of wet ones to use for sponge baths. The locals are used to this plumbing system and were using it downstairs. I didn't get a look at their bathrooms.


The beds were fine and the sheets were clean. The blankets smelled like they hadn't been washed for a very long time. I have my own blanket and sheet with me and have had many occasions where I was glad of it.


This woman was interesting to talk to. She was on board with her husband and three children.



Here we are at Bema, our first stop.


The crowd is piled up behind the gate waiting to board when the on board passengers disembark.


The harbour is set up similar to Lembar.




Once the passengers start coming on board I go to my room for a while because it is a little hectic.
Later, at supper we had a live orchestra for two people to dine. My back was to them when they started and they were really loud. I thought it was canned music and asked one of the staff if he could turn it down. He went over there and it got a bit quieter but still loud. It was nice music though. Finally when I got up to leave I saw that it was a three piece live group playing.


Some more views.





Here is a pile of Muslim sandals. More on that later.



Well, it is evening and I guess the danger from the quakes has passed. The boat is rocking a bit more than usual but the seas are still pretty calm.


Our next port will be Waitabubak at some time during the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment