Sunday, March 20, 2011

Beach Day March 20

The sun is just setting on my last day in Sanur. I have enjoyed it here and the Watering Hole has been good cheap accommodation and very close to the beach as well.



I had a slow start today and hit the beach about 10:00 at the same resort I was at before. I managed six hours in the partial shade of the trees and have succeeded in tanning the sandal stripes on my feet.



I forgot the SD card for my camera so there is nothing to show for the day except my reddened skin.



Tomorrow I head for Kuala Lumpur and early the next morning to Brunei.

The Lonely Planet suggests it might be too expensive to eat in Brunei so I am packing a bit of food to take along. There is a brand if instant noodles which isn't spicy that I like and I stocked up on coffee packets. Apparently the food at the market in Bandar Seri Begawan is cheaper. I will check that out too.


When I was in Mataram preparing for my ferry trip I picked up this nifty kettle. It is light as a feather and heats water fast. It is really just a plastic jug with a small heating element.


I carry it in my pack stuffed full of clothes and then it doesn't even take any extra space. On the ferry I used it lots to make noodles and coffee and have used it every day since for a quick cuppa in the morning or a cheap supper.

I have a long layover in KL tomorrow. I am thinking of staying at the airport all night but I don't know if that is feasible. I arrived there by train last time and left on the bus so I have never seen the airport but I imagine it is large. I will decide tomorrow after I check it out. If I do stay it might mean no blogging tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment