Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Back to Kuala Lumpur March 29

I was having such a leisurely morning today that I was nearly late for my plane. It was just fortunate that they are not so strict with boarding deadlines in the small airports. I left Penang just before noon and arrived in KL airport less than an hour later. The airport is far from the city, an hours drive on the bus. It took longer than the flight. I am in Suzie's guesthouse in Chinatown and it is really nice. I got settled and turned on my computer and it just snapped off again. I tried many times and it kept doing that so I got the location of the computer guys and off I went. Of course, it was just around the corner from where I stayed last time I was here. This store had every kind of electronics you can think of and more. Six floors in a building twice the size of the Bay. Take a look!



All electronics. Here are the escalators.





I found the Acer repair guy and by the way Acer is very popular over here. He turned on my computer and it went on normally. Well, that was good.



Then I went down to second floor which is all phones and talked to somebody about international calling.


I paid 85 ringettes (less than $30.00 US) for a basic phone which takes Sim cards.


Then I got a Sim card for 35 ringettes which is supposed to be international so I just keep reloading it at 7-11.


They say it will work in Europe. I can hardly wait to find out.



No monthly charges. How can this be?



I had to take the LRT and the mono rail to get there but it wasn't very far. A view from the LRT platform as I got back.



Here you can see a couple of food stands near the train station.

Back at the guesthouse and kind of tired. It is already 9:30 and I think I will make it an early night. Tomorrow there is a museum I didn't get to see last time that I think I will do in the morning and then just hang around Chinatown in the afternoon. When my laundry comes back I need to resort my bags with cool weather clothes on top for my Paris stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment