Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My Last Day in Asia March 30 in KL

I missed the National Museum last time so I decided to start with that. It was almost 11AM by the time I got over there. It was quite good as museums go depicting 4 periods in the Malay history.



I liked that they had reconstructions like this one, films, and things it was easy to interact with without a lot of reading.




Out in the park behind they have what they are calling the first palace. Definitely a humble beginning in two rooms.



The bedroom.


The kitchen.




I opted not to go to the National Mosque but I tried to get a picture of it from the bus.





This building was right beside my LRT terminal. It looks like a mosque but it is actually a garment factory.





Back in Chinatown, my guesthouse area, I decided to walk around. I found a beautiful Hindu Temple.




And also a Chinese Temple.



A couple of young men are putting out some incense here.





A walk through Chinatown.




Still in Chinatown.






And this is my guesthouse, not the red building on the right but only the second floor of the yellow one. The door in between the two is our door. The buildings are super long but have no windows at all except for the front and back which only light the common areas. It is quite a nice place though with air conditioning and all. I think it was 32 degrees here today.




KL is not a bad city but it is harder to get around in than some. I even found Bangkok easier.



Well, that was my last day in Asia. What a great journey it has been.



Tonight I pack and prepare to face 13 degrees tomorrow in Paris.


I leave at 9AM for a seven hour flight so I won't accomplish much else except to find my guesthouse.

4 comments:

Denver Falconer said...

I'll miss all of your posts from Asia. They have been bursts of heat during this long winter. Thanks

Fay said...

Happy to be of service. I miss the snow though.

Polar Pilot said...

7 hours - you are going to be on the airplane longer than that I bet - you are moving about 10000 miles.

Fay said...

Yes, I was. I forgot about time zones. I have been doing a lot of local flights. Paris isn't quite straight up from Malaysia is it?

Post a Comment