Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Travelled to Lombok March 8

This is where it all started, the little tourist booth in Legian where I booked my trip over here today. I must say that they were very helpful in organizing it all for me. One price for the shuttle to the ferry, the ferry trip, and the shuttle to my hotel.
The catch is that they tell you what you want to hear not what is actually going to happen. Lets just say that the trip was full of surprises but I managed to get over here and settled into my hotel anyway.


This is a view of the country side on the way to the ferry at Padangbai. We were actually coming across country from Ubud as there were people on the shuttle going there first.



Another view. It rains every night so the place is nice a green.


From the ferry as we leave the harbour.


Another view.


We had a little squall on the way over. It was a 25km journey and it took about three hours.
We arrived at Lembar, a port way south of where I expected to go but my shuttle driver was there and we drove up to Senggigi in about an hour. It was dark when we got here but I believe I am on or near a beach. It is expensive for backpacker digs so I will likely move tomorrow, but not before I have a nice soak in the bathtub. You don't get many tubs over here.

Even though I knew what hotel I was going to they insisted on stopping at a tourist booking office. It was already after 8:00 PM and I was too tired to listen to their sales pitch so I just walked out. They reluctantly agreed to drive me to my hotel continuing to promote all the way there.
I have two more nights here so I think I will hop to one of the smaller islands for tomorrow night.
I am having supper at the restaurant next door where my hotel told me there was wi-fi. They don't but the waiter offered me his bosses broadband stick to use tonight so I have to work fast.
I think I better get one too, I can use it here and on the next ferry. I will try anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment