Sunday, February 13, 2011

National Museum Feb 13

First, I'll start with a flower.....




....and then I will show you how perky I was at the hotel cafe this morning. I am actually feeling quite a bit better, especially after getting some electrolytes into me to balance the ones I lost sweating and being sick. Recognizing this is a new experience and I have extra packets to use later when I am feeling crappy from the heat.



The front of my guest house, Me Mates Place with one of the staff on the step. It is not centrally located but close and walking distance to a lot of places. It is a nice guest house with air conditioning and nice showers, clean and mostly Aussie cooking downstairs.




After I realized I was always thirsty and nothing was working to quench it I decided to get over to the pharmacy and get some stuff.


A neighbourhood view along the way.....



.....and another.




The electrolyte stuff, which tasted just like Gator Aide, made me feel a lot better, enough so that I decided to tackle the museum in the afternoon.


To get there I passed the Palace but I decided to give it a miss as there is a charge and I had heard they don't let you inside of much anyway.


I shot some pictures of the Palace buildings through the fence.






The National Museum has gorgeous buildings and grounds.






Inside, I was going to take pictures of the three main Gods as they had them all but I only got this one. He is Vishnu and in really good condition except for a few missing arms. He pre-dates Angkor Wat. Just as I was taking aim at Brahma I was told no pictures.





The inner garden at the museum is very nice too.





Walking home I passed this Coffin Shop with coffins painted with bright, happy designs.





Then I passed an Irish Pub with a special on roast beef and Yorkshire pudding. I just told my stomach to get prepared and went in to have some. It caused me a bit of pain because I hadn't been eating all that much but it was so worth it.





Closer to home they were just setting up the night market.




These mats are for eating your food after you purchase it from the food court at the market.



Right across the street, actually on the street, they had been setting up for a wedding since yesterday.



Here are the caterers. I wonder what they are cooking.

Well it turned out to be not a bad day. I know I will be able to travel tomorrow and our air conditioner is working again.

No comments:

Post a Comment