Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Arrived Luang Prabang Feb 1

We had a five and a half hour trip to Luang Prabang in a mini-van and for five of those hours the road was a series of curves as we navigated trough the mountains. I had taken gravol and was glad because even then I was a bit queasy.

The mountains were beautiful but I didn't try any pictures because they usually are blurry when you are moving.

Finally, with an hour and a half to go we stopped here for a break. We had passed many tiny villages along the road but most didn't have facilities for tourists.



Here is our chariot, packed full of people and our luggage on top.


Local kids.

We arrived at the guest house about 3:00pm so I had time to walk a bit in the area and have supper. I am one block from the Mekong again.



The town has a European look due to the earlier French influence.



My guest house is on a beautiful street on the old section.

No comments:

Post a Comment