Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Last Day in Siem Reap Feb 8

This morning's views from our balcony. Everything looks great from up here but at ground level there is a lot of junk and a dirt road and buildings made of unpainted wood and tin.

It amazes me when they build a big fancy hotel but on ground level most of the frontage is machine shop or some other unrelated business. They just don't have the concept of street appeal.


Another view from the same balcony.




The only thing I did today was the Angkor National Museum. It was historical, but from centuries ago. There was a room of 1000 Buddhas and many other beautiful artifacts from the temples. It actually helped explain a lot of what I saw out at the temples.

Pictures weren't allowed anywhere inside.


I walked back to the guest house where I laid low for the rest of the day. I have caught a bit of a bowl bug I think so close to home is the best. I haven't felt like eating much all day.

On the way I passed this statue.


I crossed over this little river.


Tomorrow, Phnom Phen by bus.



No comments:

Post a Comment