Friday, February 18, 2011

Krabi has heart. Feb 18

I have a super good hostel here for $8.00 a night. It is called "Pak Up" and I recommend it. It is located one block from the pier that the boats come in on from the islands, shown in the picture below, which was taken from the roof-top of the hostel.


I decided to stay in Krabi for a few nights and day-trip out to a different beach each day because the town is so nice and I am comfortable in my hostel.


It is wonderful to be somewhere where there are no touts bothering you. The people just go about their business and are friendly and helpful to interact with.

Today's beach trip was to Ao Nang, about 30 km from here by tuk-tuk. It was OK as far as the beach goes and the sand was definantly available to the public. Across the road from the beach there are no end of stores, restaurants and resorts.

I got a really delicious iced coffee made with Vietnamese coffee and walked the beach street looking in stores. If I can find a plain black or red t-shirt I will be able to wear the crinkle cotton shirt I bought in Koh Samui.




Then I walked the beach for a while and eventually got in the water and later stretched out in the sun. I lasted an hour this time before the heat got me.



The area is so lush and green even though the rains haven't started yet.
This picture is looking down the main beach street toward one of the many limestone rock formations.


To catch a longboat here you have to walk through the muddy sand and nearly hip-deep water to reach the boat.


I have booked an island hopping tour tomorrow and I expect to have to some unusual boat boarding then.

No comments:

Post a Comment