Friday, February 25, 2011

More of KL as the locals call it. Feb 25

This is my corner store. It has theaters and play parks and is the biggest mall in Malaysia.
I didn't even go inside.


I started my day at Chinatown. The thing which looks like a slide in the background is a roof over the main shopping street.




An old building just outside the China town market area.


Silk cherry blossoms at a restaurant.


Looking at one of those crazy narrow buildings as I head into the Central Market.


The entrance to the Central Market street.


There are some stands outside but it is not like the markets I have become accustomed to. This one, in the white building on the left is air conditioned and pretty upscale.


The gates of the Palace.
They don't allow tourists at all but we saw the changing of the guard.


The driveway is very long and you can't see much of what is down there.


There are two mounted guards outside the fence........


and two guards on foot.


Here we are at Little India.




The main shopping street is very decorative. They welcome tourists but it is evident that the community also shop here.


I ate at a buffet there. There were no heat, mild heat and hot choices. I chose the no heat options which were hot to me. Nuff said!


Hibiscus flowers on the lamp posts in the park area. I looked it up and as I suspected it is their National flower.


Here is a flower on a nearby Hibiscus bush which is kind of wilted because it had been recently planted.


Independence Square where the Malaysian flag replaced the British one in 1957.


The Sultan Abdul Samad Building built in 1897 is now used as government offices.
It resembles the Mosques of Cairo.


Another beautiful building near the square.


Anglican Cathedral of St. Mary built in 1894 is the oldest church in Malaysia.




Well that was my day.
I talked to my travel agent in the late afternoon and he didn't come up with anything so I booked a bus ticket for tomorrow morning to Singapore. That just means I will probably keep booking the travel piece by piece as the best flight prices seem to be with the local airline of the country you are in.
I was hoping to get some kind of a plan so I could book the flight to Canada but I will keep looking and trust it will work itself out.

No comments:

Post a Comment