Monday, February 21, 2011

Hat Yai Feb 21

Bused over here this morning in five hours in a mini bus. Found a room easily thanks to Lonely Planet. I don't always use the places they recommend but when you don't find anything online it is helpful to have a couple of names in mind, especially when there are touts breathing down your neck. No touts here however and I walked to my first choice five blocks away. I am two blocks from the train. Location, location, location!


I wandered around town in the afternoon and booked my train to Kuala Lumpur on the night of the 23rd. They have a train to KL every night at 4:00 but since there is a beach handy here I decided to stay an extra day. Tomorrow I will spend the day at the beach.

I am also near all the big shopping stores and this place is a shopping Mecca.


Have to make this short as I am out without my cord and battery is dying.
The fact that I forgot to put a memory card in my camera today speeds things up too.


First hotel in a long while with no Wi-Fi. Surprise! I had come to expect it.

No comments:

Post a Comment