Thursday, February 24, 2011

Kuala Lumpur. I never expected to find myself here! Feb 24

I arrived at Sentral (that is how they spell it) Station just after 6:00 AM and got a taxi over to the guesthouse I had booked online. I decided not to stay there because it was it was too tacky even for me and my standards are pretty low at the moment. The woman was nice and I just lost my small deposit.

That was a first, I usually like or at least tolerate my digs. Prices are a lot higher here. For the same thing I have been getting for 6 to 10 dollars per night I am paying 30 dollars here. It looks like there will be more of those prices both here and in Indonesia.


My guest house is very near this corner which looks like a mini Times Square. The hotel across from me is the Times Square Hotel. What a switch to be in a cosmopolitan center for a change.




Cityscape from the bus in the early morning.


Buildings to look up at!




You can see these twin towers from everywhere. They were the highest in the world until 2004. They allow a limited number of tourists to go up to the sky walk for viewing each day.

They have preserved some of the mansions from what they call the "Tin era" and they are scattered amidst the skyscrapers.


This old mansion is now a visitor center.


There is lots of green space in the city. These trees are dripping with lights.


I decided not to line up for the twin tower sky way because they have this and you can get a lot higher with no lineup. It is almost as tall as the one in Toronto.


Looking toward the twin towers from the needle.


The green space is amazing.




Here come the clouds that dumped on me on the way home.
You can see one of the old houses in the foreground and the towers behind.

Fortunately my neighbourhood has most of the shopping centres so I had something to do while waiting out the rain.
KL is supposed to have super prices for flights within Asia so I set a guy to work on a flight plan for the rest of my trip. Tomorrow I will see what he has come up with.
Yes, I am even thinking about the flight home. Where did the time go, only one month left.
Well, there isn't anything major to see here, but I am enjoying seeing the city so tomorrow I will see some more of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment