Saturday, February 19, 2011

Four Island Tour Feb 19

We were picked up in Krabi and transferred to Ao Nang to board the long tail boat for our tour.

We stopped at Poda Island first. The rock formations here reminded me of Ha Long Bay.
Here is the view from where we landed.



Nice white sand. It was the best one of all I soon found out.




A picnic area was provided and there was some accommodation farther inland.



We stayed a little over an hour and by then many other boats had arrived.




Next we headed for a snorkel dive spot passing many huge rocks.





Here we are passing "chicken" rock.





At the dive spot there were a lot of 4 to 6 inch fish which seemed to enjoy people.







Next was Tup Island, but actually we stopped on a sand bar between two islands. The tide was in but when it is out three islands are connected by sand bars.


From a hillside looking down on the beach.


Here we are landing at the last island at Pranang Beach. It is actually not an island but is treated like one because there is no road due to the rock formations. It is farther down the coast from Ao Nang.


It is a nice beach too. I didn't make it into the water here because I went exploring to Pranang Cave and took a wrong path back. I ended up on the other side of the peninsula but didn't know it and tried to walk back along the beach. I asked for directions as I went along but following them was getting me farther and farther away from where I needed to be.


Finally, I came to a travel agent who showed me where I was on a map and how to get back. She said the guides aren't allowed to leave anyone here so not to worry. She said she would make a call and see if she could get a message to him and meanwhile I started walking. I was back within 20 minuets but already half an hour late. I spotted my guide, who looks like Johnie Depp by the way, on another boat. He had let my boat go back on time and waited to go with me on another boat.
As it turns out, that extra little tour I did while lost was almost complete coverage of Railay Beaches as I had crossed the peninsula several times. I had planned to go there tomorrow as I heard it was nice but now I don't need to.
There are some rock climbing schools here too. I stopped to watch this guy climb for a while.



So now I think tomorrow will be laundry day and a chance to explore Krabi.
After all that sun and sand I shall sleep well tonight. I am starting to hear a thunder storm brewing too.

No comments:

Post a Comment