Sunday, February 20, 2011

Last day in Krabi Feb 20

Today was one of those days you need every once in a while to regroup.

I slept late and got my packs cleaned out in the morning. There is always something to be thrown away and I found all the dirty clothes. I am really getting tired of the same clothes day after day.

I did some laundry and hung it on the clothes line on the roof. Then I went for lunch.

I got my hair cut at the little place around the corner. I lay down on this hair washing bed to have my wash and I must say it is more comfortable than the chairs.

Then off I went to explore the town. Along the road coming into town you can see these rocks in the water looking like breaching whales. That's what I thought when I first saw them and then I read it in Lonely Planet.



The kids were happy to be in the picture and that's good because you can see the size of this giant metal crab by the water's edge.


Traffic lights! They are center of the street in all four directions. Looks like some stage of early man.


I made a quick pass through the weekend market and by then the heat was getting me so I went back to the room.
Later I went out again and got my bus ticket for tomorrow to Hat Yai. It is still in Thailand but about a half hour from Malaysia. I will stop there a couple of days or however long it takes to get onto the infrequent train to Kuala Lampur.

No comments:

Post a Comment