Monday, February 14, 2011

Heading for Thailand Feb 14

Today, after I checked out of my guesthouse I decided to walk along the river again. I had my book and my laptop along and there were a few more eateries I wanted to hit.



Still wanting a glass of homemade lemonade I decided to find the place where I had seen it but found a different place which had lemon juice on the menu. I checked and they weren't kidding it was just lemon juice straight up with ice if you want. I kept saying "and you put water in?" and he kept saying "no". They did have a lemon smoothie with ice blended into lemon juice and I decided to go for that after I talked them into putting in a little sugar. It was actually very refreshing and I am sure my Vit C levels got a boost.





When I left there it was time to eat and I located my next spot with a great river view and a breeze. Here I opted for diet coke and onion rings. Just taking it easy on the ordering so I can still hit another place. Did some more reading and people watching.





A the next stop I had carrot cake and a latte and used my computer inside their air conditioned store.
Then I crossed to the river side to walk back to the guest house.




The trees are all coming into bloom. It should be spectacular in a couple of weeks.




We are looking toward the windshield of this truck. At first it looked like a puppet theater on wheels or something for children and I came across the street to get a closer look.

It was parked in front of the coffin store and I soon realized that it was a hearse.


The flowers here are so large and showy and I love to take their pictures but many of them aren't in gardens as you might have thought. These are growing on my street in an area where people park or merchants set up there stands. It is nice to find blooms in otherwise dismal surroundings.


So finally it was time for my flight and an hour later here I am in Bangkok. It is starting to feel like home.
I am at the Airport YHA so I can get quickly back to the airport for a flight at 7:00. Therefore, I must go to bed pretty soon.
Going to the beach tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment