Thursday, February 24, 2011

Hat Yai Feb 23

Hat Yai is a wonderful town for shopping. They have lots of stores and street stalls selling clothing and everything else at reasonable prices. The styles were nice too. It is too bad that the Thai are such small people. It is difficult to find larger sizes anywhere in Asia.


Outside the Odean shopping center.


I just wandered around after I checked out of my guesthouse until it was time to go to the train.



There are many motorbikes here too but not enough to make it crazy.


The town has risen up in the last hundred or so years so buildings like this are the originals.
They seem to get quite black from all the moisture and are just abandoned and left to decay.


Here is the train station, two blocks from my guest house.


A shot in the sleeper car. End to end people in bunks. I didn't sleep as well as I planned because they turned off the air conditioning at 1:00 AM and it got too hot.

Well, it still beats sitting in a bus even though it took a couple of hours longer. I got through immigration with no problems. I just got a stamp in my passport and there was no charge for Canadians. It is a thirteen hour trip on the train.

No comments:

Post a Comment