Thursday, November 4, 2010

A walk by Kerikeri River

I had heard about the stone store, the oldest stone building in New Zealand, so I decided to walk down to the river and find it. Just a 25 minuet walk downhill most of the way.


Beside the store was the mission house which was part of the original mission.

Once there I realized I could visit a replica of a Mauri village across the river, but I was so engrossed that I forgot about taking pictures there.

This is a view of the mission site from across the river. St. James Anglican Church can also be seen.
Here are a few shots along the river.






Wharepuke Falls.


I walked for 2 1/2 hours all told and have the second section to do on Sunday.
Played cards with the German boys tonight, had a late supper and watched the fireworks celebrating Guy Fawkes day.

No comments:

Post a Comment