Friday, November 12, 2010

Bangkok, day 2.

I moved downtown this morning and am happy with my new place. I will get some photos tomorrow.

I went out exploring the neighbourhood in the afternoon. Passed by lots of street vendors as I went.
Here is a flower picture for the day. Took this one outside the Science centre.
I went through the Science centre and was amazed at all the exhibits they had for children until I found out half of the hands-on experiments were broken.


Looking down the street where I live from the tram platform. I'm half way down the block on the left.


This says Tupperware in Thai. At the Tupperware store, of course.

This is a cute little sideways fire hydrant.

I was in this mall just down the street, very high end stores and lots of them.


In amongst the many high rise buildings are many old buildings just rotting away.

Train coming to the station.

There seems to be many kinds of rice and lots of it.

It was a good choice to move down here. As you see there are a few more comforts from home. Tomorrow its time to make a plan for the rest of Thailand.
It it truly cheap here but I forget the bills aren't worth much. Tonight's supper was almost 100 baht. I thought it was way too much until I reminded myself that it was only $3.00 in Canadian. It just feels like I am blowing through money.

No comments:

Post a Comment