Monday, November 1, 2010

Arriving in New Zealand

I left Sydney at 7am arriving in Auckland at noon. Took the shuttle down to the bus station and got the bus out to Kerikeri, a small town on the northern coast of New Zealand.

The country views on the way up were amazing. The pictures I shot from the bus don't do it justice so I won't post them. We were climbing most of the way between green rolling hills with lots of trees and low mountain peaks.

My first glimpse of the sea again was at Paihia, a town 20 minuets from here where the bus stopped long enough to get out for a picture.


Soon, we rolled into Kerikeri, my home for the next week. It looks nice here, sort of homey not touristy. There are all kinds of stores and restaurants and everything I need will be easily available. I walked over to the grocery store to pick up some supplies for meals and then hit the hay.

This place was suggested by Bob and Sharon in Melbourne when I wondered where a good place to get some R&R was in New Zealand. I think it will be perfect. They have no wharf but tell me it is possible to get down to see the sea. Tomorrow I will do some exploring.

No comments:

Post a Comment