Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Gone fishing .......

I was just about ready to go out and explore the town when Tony, the owner of the hostel, asked if I would like to go fishing at "a very special place". I did go and the place turned out to be on the shore of land owned by the Maori. It was a wonderful place, unspoiled and not touristy. Here we are packing the car.

This is Arnaud, the French guy, hoping over the wooden style.
We walked down this hill to the shore.


It is part of the Bay of Islands and is very beautiful.



Here they are getting their lines ready. They fish from this rocky place.

The scenery was wonderful. Being a non-fisher person as I am I just took a hike down the shore aways.

I had to cross over some of the rocky shoreline to find the sand.

Eventually I came to this little beach which was sunny and sheltered from the wind. I was the only one there and I spent an hour or so sitting by a rock reading.


I even got my feet in but it was really cold.


No comments:

Post a Comment