Saturday, November 13, 2010

Bangkok, Day 3

These are real flowers hanging in the doorway of my lovely little hostel.


Today I was going to go to the weekend market but I ended up frittering away to much time on trying to book some flights online. In the end I had to go to the airport to do it.

I love figuring out how to go places in the city. I have given up on taxis. There is too much traffic for them to drive. It must be a really frustrating job.
Bangkok has one Metro line and several sky train lines. Unfortunately they don't link together well and you have to leave one station and go wander around outside until you locate the other one. I experienced this when I took the express train home from the airport. (10 minuets instead of 45) There was no link to the sky train so I had to find the Metro and take it one stop to get the right sky train line for home. The whole process only took about half an hour though. I am beginning to feel confident about moving around now.

This is our little smoking room and front entrance behind.

Took this on the way home tonight. It was from the train in a residential area and with the smog, the pond and the sunset it is beautiful.
Tomorrow, the market and probably the palace and making plans to move on.


1 comment:

Polar Pilot said...

hey - you are turning into Marco Polo = wandering e4verywhere - neat

Post a Comment