Friday, November 19, 2010

The King's Palace

Last night, Nov 19th I withdrew some money from an ATM at a bank and it failed to return my card. I was glad I had photocopied all the bank cards I have with me because I was able to take that in the next morning and easily retrieve my card.

Then I was off to the King's Palace. Here is a woman tending the garden outside the Palace.



A cheaper way to travel around the city is in one of these tuk-tuks. Unfortunately a lot of them practice a scam where they tell you that the place you are going is closed and then ask if you would like to go to a shop with some really great deals. The shop is one which is paying them to bring in customers.



Outside the wall of the Palace.



In the temple at the Palace.





These guards are at all the doorways of the temple.





Garden sculpture at the temple,




Four statues of the King, each facing a different direction and all the same.





This is the changing of the guard at the palace proper.


Below, the two largest palace buildings.









Flower of the day.


I am leaving in the morning for Myanmar for 10 days. It is possible that I will not be able to get online that whole time. I will be going to Yangon, Mandalay and Inle Lake.
















No comments:

Post a Comment