Saturday, November 6, 2010

Last day in Kerikeri

Sunday today and I wanted to continue my river walk having discovered I could walk all the way to the falls.

But first, I stopped in at the local farmers market. They had a lot of prepared food and preserves and they were all about giving tastes. I sampled some liqueur and some sausage. It was possible to buy crepes, sandwichs, smoothies to eat there, or fruits, vegies, preserves, baking, meat, handcrafts or booze to take home. It was a nice market.

From there I headed for the forest and the first stop on the walk were the Fairy Pools.


This was just an area where the river was flowing slowly through some rocks forming pools.


The forest floor was covered with these little white flowers. I am sure Joanne could tell me what they are. I think we have something like this at home.

The Wharepuke falls were lovely. Much nicer than this picture shows.



I got a shot of this perfect tree fern from above.


The forest trail on the way back.



I am heading back to Auckland in the morning and will be there for 2 nights.
Kerikeri was a good stop to relax. My feet are well healed and I am rested and ready for the next leg.




No comments:

Post a Comment