Thursday, November 18, 2010

Back to Bangkok

I decided to take the minivan back to Bangkok today because they pick up and it is supposed to be faster than the bus. There were 14 of us jammed in there with half of us having luggage.

It was a bit faster but I got dumped off on some street and told "you walk now". I thought we were going to the bus depot. The jokes on me but it turned out OK because from there I was actually much closer to where I was going. I just had to walk to the river and get on a boat.

On the way I walked through this temple yard. It is my flower for the day.


Another shot at the temple. I didn't even find out which temple it was but one of the smaller ones.


I picked up my Visa for Burma (Myanmar) today and they have my picture on it. How cool is that!

I booked the downtown YHA this time and it is much handier to the things I want to do now, like more of old Bangkok and only a few blocks from the Myanmar embassy too.

This is a view out the window. The top level is the sky train track. They did say it was handy to the train but not that you could almost touch it from here. The trains run both ways every 15 minuets. It won't bother me though, I can sleep through anything.

I am near some banks here too for exchanging money for Burma. They use US dollars for big things like hotels, travel and meals and they use their currency, the Kyat for small stuff like snacks and drinks. At least that is what the Lonely Planet says.

After I got settled I packed up some more stuff to send home and chopped the sleeves off one of my long sleeve tee shirts and hemmed it.

Tomorrow I will just spend the day with a few errands and then off to old town for some more sightseeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment