Monday, November 8, 2010

On the bus again and heading for Auckland.

It is amazing how quickly I go back into bus mode after spending so much time on the bus in Australia. I did get the front seat again Susan, by the door. It was only a four hour trip back to Auckland but it is nice to have the extra leg-room. They have this really cheap bus company here and the 4 hour drive from Kerikeri was only $24.

This picture through the bus windshield is what it looked like pretty much all the way down. Beautiful country.


I got settled in my hostel and it is a good one. I had to walk 5 or 6 blocks from the bus depot which wouldn't have been bad had it not been uphill almost all the way. I brought some of my groceries down from Kerikeri so my pack was heavy again.

Well, I survived that and got on the computer and got a flight to Bangkok on Wednesday. Glad to have that bit taken care of.

I am right downtown as you might imagine, being near the bus. The sky needle is very near me and so is the harbour. I plan to take a walk around tomorrow with a touring map.

It is only 9:45 but I think I'll call it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment