Thursday, January 6, 2011

What a gentle place! Jan 6

I spent the morning booking stuff for the rest of the month. I booked the rest of my bus segments, my next hotel, my flight to Vientiane on the day my Vietnam visa ends .... and!!! .... a three day two night cruise on a junk on Ha Long Bay. Ha Long Bay is one of my dream spots in the world and I am already super excited.





After that I had to make another ATM run down to Phan Thiet. I was planning to use my credit card today but here at the beach those machines don't always work too good. Anyway, I managed to spend the 6,000,000.00 dong I took out yesterday. That is around $300.00



First, I grabbed my usual lunch at the hotel's cheap diner, chicken, rice and greens for $1.75.






Here is the girl from the hotel on the street trying to get customers. The little dining space is behind with its gleaming metal tables and stools. It is part of the Mui Ne Resort food service.





I took a picture of this neon sign because of all the accents they had to include in its construction.


I am just at a coffee place having a Vietnamese coffee. It is so strong it looks like syrup but it isn't too bitter. They put sweetened condensed milk in it and it didn't change the color. I got more milk and it is still just black so I got some more water put in. I am slowly sipping it, but some things don't need to be repeated.
What a gentle place this is. The street is peaceful tonight as usual. Most restaurants are open to the street with their clientele leisurely enjoying their evening. The music is always nice listening music and I haven't seen or heard a loud party since I have been here. The street is bright and there are no worries for me to be out enjoying the atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment