Sunday, January 23, 2011

Last Day in Hue Jan 22

I missed posting last night as I was on the bus by 5:00PM. It was a fourteen and a half hour trip this time but the seats were long enough so I was much more comfortable.

Before I move on, here is a picture of my cute little hotel for $14.00 a night, Lam Bao Long. It was on the street next to the river and close to many things of intrest.


Right across the street is the XQ Arts and Crafts complex. It has no admission fee and there are demonstrations of the art production as well as many beautiful articles for sale.


On the river side of the Arts place is the Huong river with a dock to allow the river boats to stop here with tourists.


Here is one now.


The complex also contains this temple which is the Worshiping House of the Chief Founder of Embroidery. That would be the person who first started doing embroidery on silk the way they do here.

I thought this chart was interesting. It has different hand positions holding the embroidery needle. They are all named but may be too small to read. I think one was the lotus flower position.

The sign on this house says:
Tavern Dreaming Day
Artist Living at Night
Now is that the person stuck in the wall or who?

Another rainy day brought out a rainbow of rain ponchos again. This one has a square of clear plastic in the front so that it can be placed over the headlight of a bike. They think of everything.

I want to do a study in pictures of the various things people carry on their bikes. I saw a family of four get on a bike. Two were small children and dad was wearing a poncho. They pulled the tails of it over them all and off they went. I thought it added another meaning to "one size fits all"!
Tomorrow Hanoi!
See you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment