Monday, January 3, 2011

Just chillin.....

Got up early and went down to the beach where I spent the morning. This man in the round wicker boat was already waiting there and wanted to sell me a ride. There are a few of these boats around here. They use them for tourists and fishing. Later one went by with three men in it and now "Rub-a-dub-dub" is stuck in my head.



There is this style of fishing boat too, right off shore.


This is my beach in the morning when the tide is out. By afternoon ithe water will be crashing on those steps, but there is more sand up above with lounges.


This wall is the edge of my hotel's property.


Ah!!!! My pool. I spent the afternoon here reading.

I did take time to run a couple of errands and found a bus tour to the sand dunes near here. I had wanted to go see them, but people were telling me that I would have to ride on the back of a little motorbike for 30 km. I don't think so.
I am now booked on a large tour bus.
I also found that there is a beach bus that runs every 20 minuets which I can use to see the town and to go to the ATM in the next town.
While I was out walking around I was starting to feel a little chilly in the wind. There was a pretty good cloud cover by then and I checked my thermometer to see how cool it actually was. Well, 28 degrees is pretty cool! Pretty soon I will be wearing a sweater in the morning like the locals.
This hotel rocks, by the way. I have really hot water, a/c, TV and a very clean bungalow for $15 a night. I have everything I had at the expensive place except a bathtub.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Fay,
looks and sounds like you're having a great time. I wish you all the best on your journey.

Pearl and I both wish you a 'Happy Birthday' on the road. Hope to see you back safe and sound one day.

Keep up with the great blog and photos!

Noel

Unknown said...

Fay,

It looks and sounds like you're having a great time. I wish you all the best on your journey.

Pearl and I wish you a 'Happy Birthday' on the road.

Keep up with the great blog and photos.

Hope to see you back safe and sound one day.

Good journeys.

Noel

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Fay!! Vietnam sounds and looks like a great place to visit!

Post a Comment