Sunday, January 16, 2011

Hoi An Jan 16

It is rainy and overcast again today. They tell me that this weather is typical this time of the year.

I was exploring the town again today and booked a tour for tomorrow.

I decided to try out a tailor and get a pair of everyday pants made to replace the ones that I have almost worn out with daily wearing. They were only $15.00. This tailor was outside the tourist area and cost half as much as the ones in the Ancient city. I tried them on tonight and they took them back for a little alteration.

I took some more shots in Ancient town.








Weaving plastic mats.

Lanterns for sale.

I took in a performance of traditional music and dance at the Handicraft Workshop.

Sitting in a cafe near the market looking out over the river and watching people go by.

The older woman in the lower left is running a water taxi service in her small boat.







Here are my new shoes. Aren't they beautiful. I got them in one of the many shoe stores which make shoes to order. They actually had a pair on hand which fit my big feet and I got them because I didn't want to spend another day in the rain with sandles and cold feet. They have used the Nike brand and inner label. They charged me $27.00
Nothing is the real brand here. They make knock offs of everything.

Just a few shots from the city outside the Ancient area.





My hot pot tonight at supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment