Tuesday, January 11, 2011

At home in Nha Trang Jan 11

I have grown accustomed to and even fond of Vietnamese coffee. Here is my morning coffee dripping into my cup which already contains a healthy measure of sweetened condensed milk. I have learned that if I add equal measure of boiling water it is just about perfect.

We left Da Lat around 8:00 AM and drove through mountians the whole way here. It is beautiful country and the roads were great, even the shortcuts we took. I tried to get a few shots but they are taken through the window while we are moving.

It is lush and green in this area and there is lots of farming.

They have a bit of trouble with landslides in the areas with a lot of loose rock.

Above the tree line is solid rock.

I got lucky on this one.

My hostle is three blocks from the beach and it seems quite nice. This beach town is more geared to the young crowd.





Nice building. They say it is the meeting house.

Memorial to the soldiers of the Vietnam war.

Inside their names are listed on display stands as well as in these books.

Vietnam flag. I just like the picture.
On my walk around town I booked a couple tours for the next two days. I will have three nights here.
It is time to go out and find some supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment