Thursday, January 27, 2011

Hanoi to Vientiane Jan 27

I left Vietnam this morning on a big blue bird hoping for warmer weather.

This is Hanoi airport. It was a short flight from here to Vientiane in Laos.



I decided to try the Visa on arrival process here. It went super smoothly. I just filled out one form, gave them one passport size photo and paid $42.00 US and it was done.

When I walked out of the airport in Vientiane I felt at home. The weather was warm but not hot and there were no taxi drivers clamouring to get my business. I walked over to the Taxi desk and paid for a taxi with no hassle.
The town is quiet and people are going about their business and not in your face with stuff to buy. It was a nice change.
The sky was blue not grey and it felt a lot like home.

I went out for a bit to get some more stuff for my cold and walked around a little bit. Then spent the day in my room until supper. I have had a bit of fever for a couple of days and sore throat and runny nose. It felt good to do nothing.

Luckily there isn't that much to do around here and I had a backlog of blogs to write too.

There seems to be a few temples in this area and I am a block from the Mekong River too. That can wait until tomorrow. For today I just rest.




I have one spot for a plug in this room so I had to unplug the TV. Now I am caught up on Facebook I might watch some TV tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment