Friday, January 7, 2011

Bummed out ...... I'll get over it. Jan 7

Today was a do nothing day, except for the haircut I got in the morning. It is quite short on the front. Getting a hair cut in a different language is always an adventure.

I took this picture to show you my new mask. I thought it would work to counteract smog, bugs na sty smellsand sick people on planes and buses. Some of them have a piece extending over the throat and mouth. They are usually worn by girls on bikes so I figured they were for polution or dust. I asked two different girls and they both are using them for sun. They don't all cover their foreheads though so maybe there are other reasons to wear one.

Later I went to my room and remembered I had hidden 3,000,000.00 dong in my pak when I went swimming yesterday. It was gone. More than the room got cleaned today. I am never separate from my cash and cards except for swimming and didn't take the time to lock it up. It was only just over 150.00 US but the fact that it happened casts a shadow on this nice place for me.


Lawn ornaments. What???

I organized my pak today and took the laundry in. I replaced all the zip lock bags which were wearing out again. I purged everything which had served its usefulness already. It is amazing how things collect.

When I left for Australia Oct 3rd my pak weighed 27 kg. I am down to 15 kg now if I don't put my small computer in and it doesn't feel any lighter. It needs to be 15 or less to qualify under the baggage policy of the cheap Asian airlines. Otherwise .....You pay!

Well, Tomorrow is my last day at this beautiful little beach. Eight days went by really fast.

2 comments:

Denver Falconer said...

Maybe the masks are just an accessory over there. They seem pretty versatile. You can use it on the beach or use it while robbing a bank.

Fay said...

Robbing a bank, now there's an idea!

Post a Comment