Friday, January 21, 2011

Lazy day in Hue Jan 21

It's still raining day and night so I thought a trip to the spa might be a warm thing to do.
First I had a very nice pedicure followed by an interesting massage. The goal of the massage seemed to be to stimulate the skin rather than work on releasing tension from the muscles. It was interesting and I had a fun massage girl.

The thing I was looking forward to the most though was soaking in a nice warm Jacuzzi. It looked nice as you see below but the water was totally cold. Whaa....! The massage room was cold and I was cold and now no soak?

I'm glad I have a tub in my hotel room.



I got this day pack in New Zealand after my other one fell apart. It is made of a fiber-filled fabric, kind of like a quilt. I didn't see the point of that but it was a nice looking bag and had the right kind of pockets so I took it and have enjoyed having it.

The first time I was out in the rain with it under my umbrella it got a bit wet but dried off quickly when I came in. The next day however, when I opened it I found everything inside was soaked. The darn bag had wicked the moisture inside and my passport, plane ticket, bills etc were so wet I had them laid out all over the room to dry.




This is a street a couple of blocks from me that is full of restaurants. Last night I had the best crispy noodle dish and tonight I had a nice meal in a French restaurant with a good imitation of creme caramel for dessert. I don't usually eat the deserts here because they are often weird.

I just realized today that I haven't had a banana in a while. In the south they serve them at every meal and I was getting tired of them but they do have some good little bananas down there and up here there are none and I already miss them.




Tomorrow I get the night bus to Hanoi. Three nights from now I will be sleeping on a junk on Ha Long Bay. I sure hope it stops raining for a while.

2 comments:

Clayton said...

Hi Fay. Marg and I check in on you from time to time. Looks like your adventures are going well.

Fay said...

Yes, its a great trip. Nice to hear from you. I moderate these comments so that is why it didn't show up right away. Hope you two are doing well. Take care.

Post a Comment