Sunday, January 2, 2011

Mui Ne Jan 2, 2011

This is the beach-side view of Bon Bein, the resort I was at last night. Farther back in the trees there is a pool also.


The beach seemed pretty good. I noticed that there was a fairly good breeze which was nice. Later I found out that this whole beach area only started to develop 10 years ago. It is now known as the best spot in the world for surfing with kites because they have the most reliable cross beach wind.
I saw a girl on the beach learning to control the kite and it looked difficult. There was another girl holding her harness to keep her on the ground but sometimes they would both get yanked up 3 or 4 feet. When the school is on you can see about 20 people all with kites. It looks fantastic once they master it.


The point.


Around the point there were restaurants and more resorts.

Looking back on the point.

Then I had to move to my cheaper digs. $15 per night leaves a lot more money for bus, train, boat and air tickets. This hotel, the Mui Ne Resort is joined with the bus company I am using, The Sinh Tourist. http://www.thesinhtourist.vn I have the bus only package but they do offer a package with hotels at each place as well as tours. I decided on a bungalow here because of the price and I was able to negotiate a discount as well. One little catch is I am directly across the street from the resort part of the hotel. I can use all the stuff here it is just not quite as handy. I noticed they also had a cruise on Ha Long Bay offered so I am going to check into that tomorrow and get it booked before I get there.


This silver mountain or what ever it is contains a manger scene for Christmas. It was the tinfoil mountain I found interesting because they were all over this town. I have no idea what it represents.

Just one picture from the street, a vacant beachfront lot. Not for long I bet.


I am sitting in the bar, looking out at the pool and listening to some nice relaxing music. Not too much heavy partying here, the young tourists use all their energy doing water sports during the day.
I had a nice plate of tiny fried spring rolls for supper here in the bar. They were good enough to try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment