Thursday, January 13, 2011

Morning tour of Nha Trang Jan13

This is the street front of the Backpackers House hostel, actually, its the bar and cute with its quaint look and felt pen messages all over the side.


Behind the bar is the office and beside that is a collection of dissimilar buildings making up the hostel. They have hotel rooms as well as dorm rooms.

On the left is the window and door to my dorm room and on the right is a cute little restaurant with tasty food.
To the left of this picture is a tiny garden with chairs.
I like it because it is cheap, homey and the courtyard area is away from the street.
There is always a gathering there until the wee hours of the morning. It tends to be a bit noisy but I can sleep through it all.


This morning I am doing the Nha Trang City Tour.

The first stop was the Oceanography Institute (aquarium).

There was nothing special there until a huge group of the little kids arrived. They were way more fun than the fish.







My camera took this opportunity to quit again and no amount of coaxing could reactivate it. A tour mate agreed to send me some pictures from the rest of the tour.


The next stop was the Buddhist Long Son Pagoda of the White Buddha.




The Sleeping Buddah.


Right inside the White Buddha was one of the nicest meditation and prayer rooms that I have seen.



We then saw the Pongar Tower built by the Cham civilization during the 7th to the 12th centuries. It was stunning, made of small reddish colored bricks and still in use by the Buddhist community today.



A view inside the temple.



Next we saw the Chong Rocks. These are a pile of large boulders near the waters edge which appear to have fallen on one another but there is nothing even close that they could have fallen from.
They appear to be teetering but are stable.


This is Martin, the "hero" who sent these extra images.




We stopped by Dam Market on the way back.


Just a couple of flower shots from the hostel before I left this morning.




I went back and got a new camera later in the afternoon.

Tomorrow I'll sleep late and poke around near here. Later, I take my first trip on a sleeping bus. It is 14 hours to Hoi An, my next stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment