Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Tuguegarao Dec 22

I got up early to take my laundry down to the desk and had toast and coffee. Then realized I was still tired so went back to bed.
After a few hours I went out to explore and found this beautiful old church. The Archdiocese of Tuguegarao.

It was one huge space inside.


I loved the brick exterior.


Here is a little outdoor sanctuary behind the church.

Nice doorway on one side.


There are manger scenes everywhere in The Philippines.


That little tour took it all out of me and I went back to the hotel to lie down. I was beginning to think I might be sick but I think I am just burnt out. I would stop somewhere a while to recover but waiting to get to somewhere I like.
So I stayed in most of the day, cleaned and sorted the stuff in my pack and washed some undies. I have a nice room here with hot water and air conditioning so it is pretty good to lay low here today.A couple of times I went out to get a meal took forever because everywhere was so crowded.
I had to try 3 different ATM machines at three different banks before finding one that worked. Also had to line up at all so it took almost 2 hours just to do that. If it hadn't been for my nice hotel room to go back to I would have had to cry.
This morning when I called the desk to see if the laundry was back they said "Oh, we forgot." and brought it back dirty.
It's funny, you know, how I was taking all this stuff in stride and then suddenly it is too hard. It must be the "crash zone" all the travel blogs talk about. I am assuming that a little rest will take care of it.
Anyway, I am off to Manila this morning by plane. I have a dorm room at a nice place and I will be there 5 days. No more buses in the near future.
It seems like I have been in the Philippines for months but actually only got here on the 9th.
I have a couple of things I'm hoping to do while I'm in Manila and there is always the Mall of Asia where it is cool.

4 comments:

Darcy Mcleod said...

Thought you were supposed to be on holidays not a marathon. Even when we went to Mexico we had a day on the beach and then a day touring and you know what kinda pace we go!!!

Fay said...

Holidays from what? I am just travelling.

This is not Mexico and there arn't any beaches around here. Beaches are to hot anyway.

I am going to try beaches in Thailand after a while and maybe Bali too.

I would like a nice spot in a forest right now though

Polar Pilot said...

having a good hotel room or dorm where it is cool makes a huge difference - that plus the Season so far around the world all adds uo to create stress- we are with you in our thoughts though - and at only -18 today it is a very easy winter thus far.
We are running a full 10 degrees above normal

Polar Pilot said...

Merry Christmas Fay

Post a Comment