Friday, December 3, 2010

Dec 3 Getting used to Chaing Mai

I grabbed a tuk-tuk from the train station and the driver got lost. I ended up taking a room at a different place but found the one I meant to get later. While we were driving around looking for it I was having a mini tour. Chaing Mai is impressive. Its clean, modern, quieter and less traffic. I had the thought to stay for a while until I found out the rates have mostly doubled now for tourist season. I expect that will be the case now for a few months everywhere, but Chaing Mai is an extremely tourist town.

I am seeing lots of people in shorts too which hasn't been the case until now.


Just grabbed a few shots as I was walking around. I passed quite a few shops worth looking into.


It was some kind of a festival day today. My hostess was trying to tell me but we weren't communicating. There are still lots of people speaking English here but fewer English signs.



Wat Phan Ohn


Here are the misty hills again. I think I am close to the same distance North that I was in Maynmar and could have come straight across the boarder to here but was warned not to because of the fighting.

Tomorrow, I am headed to a Buddhist monastery for three days of meditation and silence. There will be no Internet so will see you on the other end.

No comments:

Post a Comment