Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Just roll with it ..............I'm trying.

So......today is the day I come across the TUBBY store, and that's how it starts.
Yes, the Tubby store, for overweight people and they say, "come in, we have clothes to fit you". There is even a Tubby brand name.

I was at the mall looking around, actually killing time until my plane. I had my book and my puter with me and was looking for a great place to sit and watch the world go by when I discovered there was a Cebu Pacific office there so I decided I might as well check in for the flight. Guess what. I had no flight. The travel agent I had used had booked several things for me that day and the others were all fine. This one had a booking number and a confirmation number and yet it was not confirmed. The flight office said there never was a flight tonight and that the confirmation number wasn't right. So I bought another ticket on the spot and I am leaving tomorrow night.

If I had known that, I would have left here 3 days ago. I was just waiting around for this flight because I had booked the Visa people and the hotel pickup to coincide with it. I got it all sorted and now just going with the flow...... sort of. Grrrrr!!!


Here's a flower. Found it at the Chinese temple, also in my neighbourhood.


The temple gate wasn't usually open when I passed so I took the chance to look within. The fence was too close to get far enough away to shoot the whole building from the courtyard.


Still at the Mall there was this model of a house. This is the main floor with a tiny bedroom each for the maid and the driver. There were three bedrooms on the second floor for the family. It was something like 40 million pesos which would be a million in US funds.
I also saw the show suite in a new condo building. It was one bedroom, no laundry and about 300 sq. feet and for 4 million pesos.
The place I am staying at is costing me $5 US per night. It just makes no sense. This place is old but in fair condition. It is in a yucky looking neighbourhood but so was the new condo, even yuckier than this street. If there weren't these types of accommodations there wouldn't be all the back packers and the added income they bring. There would also be no place for the low income locals to stay.
The new buildings I am seeing are not well designed and I have no idea who is paying the big bucks for them but it seems like the split between rich and poor is getting wider by the minuet.
So, I am here, back in the same guest house, for one more night. I plan to go to Ho Chi Minh tomorrow if it goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment