Sunday, December 12, 2010

I was getting excited flying over these green islands in turquoise water, but of course, Tagbilaray doesn't look like that. I have booked a beach house for today and we will see how that goes.


The Internet isn't so strong here but this post just happens to be small anyway.

I miss Thailand. The people here are friendly enough but the guest houses aren't very service oriented like Thailand. This one said they would pick me up at the airport but didn't show. The girl at the desk both here and in Manilla can't answer any questions. They just say they don't know.
In Thailand they book your bus from the guest house, take your money and give you a ticket. Then they tell the taxi where you are going. Even in Myanmar they did this, so I guess I got spoiled.
Now frantically making my own arrangements but first having to find out how and where is not my idea of fun.
I took my phone in and got a Philippines sim card so I would at least have a cheap phone. My wonderful phone that works everywhere is way too expensive.

So, now I am off to the beach. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Polar Pilot said...

Isn't the ocean from your airplane window an astonishing color?
Neat that you are getting a first hand overview of cultural attitudes too - service industries do have huge differences

Fay said...

You have that right!

Not sure whether their treatment of tourists has discouraged them or if they don't know how to look after tourists because they haven't had any practice. Maybe some of each.

Post a Comment