Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Nov 27, Walking around Nyaungshwe.

Flower of the day - a tree across from my guest house.

I think I am all stupa..ed out. Sometimes I walk right by without taking my camera out of my pocket. This one is well maintained and pretty. I walked past it on the way to my walk in the country.


I love it in the country where you are walking on dirt roads with the sound of children playing and women singing in the air. The mistiness that hangs around in the morning is beautiful and lends a quaint atmosphere to this horse and wagon.

An orphanage with children playing in the austere yard.


Looking down the road into a farm with a crop blooming on the right.


Oh, those misty hills.
Corn laid out in the sun.


It is so beautiful in the country, you can almost forget the dirt and noise in town.

My goal was to have a look at this small lake. There were some women bathing there. It was pretty much undeveloped and I assume the locals just use it for water.


This pig came running down the road to meet me like a dog would. Lucky he was on a chain. I did take a fancy to him too as he is kind of cute.


Humm...just can't get enough of these views.


Back in town and looking at another monastery.


Extra flowers today because there was a day in Mandalay when all I saw were plastic water lilies.

Kids swimming in the canal.


A basket stand. There are lots of nice things to buy if I had somewhere to put them.

The sun sets between 5:30 and 6:00 and I usually head back to the guesthouse before that mostly to escape the mosquitoes. A shower is always welcome to get the heat and dust of the day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment