Monday, December 27, 2010

I Went to the Zoo, "Sigh!" and it Didn't Take Long.

Zoo's aren't my favorite thing but since it is just down the street from my guest house I thought I would give it a go.

This man may be a well-known character, I don't know. He stands just outside the zoo.

Sadly, the zoo is all concrete and trees. I don't think grass would have a chance though with so many people on it.

People bring picnics and spread out on the concrete to eat. I only saw a couple of seats in the whole place.


There were 20 alligators in this cage. It appears they like to cuddle.


Soon the zoo was wall-to-wall people. I looked at a few rows of cages but the conditions for the animals were not great so I decided to leave.

I will show you my neighbourhood today as I didn't venture off my street.
This is a kind of traffic round-about with a kids playground in the center. (Yah, I know!) Again, there is no grass but they do have some playground equipment in the concrete. There is no fence around it either.


A restaurant with a big banner promising to provide great neighbourhood entertainment when they open again.

Past my guest house and a few blocks farther is the Robertson Shopping Center. After walking past many people who don't look like they even have a home it is surprising to find the neighbourhood mall looks like this.
There were eight cinemas in this one and I chose to see a Filipino movie called "Rosario". It was a poignant story of several generations of a Filipino family.

Walking back to my abode I saw the lights come on on the front of this glitzy hotel.
If you look closely at the sidewalk across the street in front of the 7-11 you can see a woman with a child in her arms sitting on the sidewalk begging.


A beautiful panning shot of a jeepney cruising round the corner.



A nice looking local restaurant.

I don't have a plan for tomorrow. I will probably try to sleep in because my flight is 11:30PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment