Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Black pearls mam, very cheap! Dec 13 and 14

Took a taxi for the half hour ride from Tagbilaran city to the Green and White resort in the borough of Libaong on Panglao Island which is connected to Bohol Island by bridges.

This was the first view of the grounds toward the water.


This a view from the main house looking at one of the bungalows, just like mine.

Now for the real reason I came, the turquoise colored water which is as warm as a bath.

White sand and blue water as far as the eye can see. I walked along the beach, especially in the morning and that was lovely but this isn't my swimming beach though. There was a lot of sea weed near the shore and on the beach.

As soon as I left the confines of my resort the local touts were after me selling jewelry. Since I was the only tourist I was aware of you can imagine that I was a hot prospect.

Fishing boats anchored just past the swimming area.

Sadly, the sea weed.

The landscape was great but only a couple of wooden chairs (no cushions) were available. It is a budget resort after all.

One last look at the water.

Its funny that I have seen only one tourist the whole time I have been in the Philippines and that was in Manila at the airport IHA. The places where you should see tourists like Internet places, Guest Houses, Mall of Asia, flights and walking on the street there are only Filipino people. You would expect to see tourists on tours but there are hardly any of those either. I could have booked the Island hopping boat here if I had wanted to pay the price for the whole boat which could have held 40 people. So I think it is safe to say there is very little tourism here.

I am in an Internet place now to get on line because the broadband connection here isn't strong enough. There are roughly 18 seats, all full and I am the only non-local in here. The rest are playing games. Besides the people playing there are equal numbers of people watching. Safe to say it is loud. Even my ear plugs aren't helping when they scream.

I am about finished with Internet for the day. My Vietnam visa is completed and my room in Ho Chi Minh City is already booked.

I think I will walk over to the theater and catch a movie.

Tomorrow morning I fly back to Manila and get the night bus to the mountain town of Vigan.

No comments:

Post a Comment