Friday, April 15, 2011

Taxes and housekeeping April 14

There was no reason to get up so I slept in and enjoyed it.

Then I tackled laundry and put away some of the stuff I had stored in my car while I was gone. Besides that and my rented storage facility I also have stuff stored at my daughter's and my sister's cottage.

It is so nice to wear something different after six months of the same clothing day after day.

I am slowly working my way through the issues raised in the six months worth of mail that accumulated while I was away. I don't really like that part of reentry. I find that I don't remember the details of arrangements I made before I left and so I rack my brain trying to deal with things.

Taxes were not too bad. I found the online tax program from the Royal Bank much easier than the one I tried last year.

I went shopping for groceries and I bought a wok pan so I could whip up some Thai and Indian dishes.

Since I returned, I have yet to remember where I put my many loyalty cards for stores so as a result I am not getting the points or the low prices when I shop.

Coming back to that system again after being away made me see how crazy it is to carry around a pocket full of plastic like that, aiding the stores in controlling where we shop. What were we thinking, or were we. I pay one store to shop there and I frequent another where they are up front about us knowing they penalize those with no loyalty cards by charging them more. Cards give us points, prizes, air miles and dollars saved.

Enough, I say! I will try to avoid those stores in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment